Our firm is available to handle virtually any type of medical malpractice case, including those that result in major medical injuries or wrongful death.
It is not unusual for accidents to occur when undergoing medical treatment. However, when an injury results from medical treatment that deviates from accepted standards of practice, a medical malpractice lawsuit may be the only way for the patient to recover damages. If you have suffered serious injury at the hands of negligent doctors, hospitals and other medical professionals, you may be entitled to considerable compensation for your pain and suffering as well as future and past lost wages and medical bills. In cases of wanton and reckless conduct, punitive damages can also be attained for the victim.
Medical malpractice cases typically require a significant amount of research and careful presentation to be successfully litigated. This is because a favorable outcome requires proof that there was a failure to provide a level of care that is commensurate with accepted standards and that such failure was the cause of the injury.
Medical malpractice can often occur as a result of:
- Misdiagnosis of cancer
- Misdiagnosis of cardiac conditions
- Birth injuries or death resulting from delayed C-section procedure, failure to monitor the fetus, or improper delivery technique
- Misdiagnosis in pediatrics
- Prescribing experimental drugs
- Negligence on the part of a hospital, surgeon, nurse, obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN), or any other doctor or health care worker who fails to follow accepted standards of practice
- Performing cosmetic surgery
- Emergency room errors
- In addition, medical malpractice can also result from caregiver negligence, improper hiring, poor training and managerial incompetence.
- Gastroenterology errors
- Medical device injuries
- Post-surgical infection
- Nursing home neglect
- Lack of informed consent